Climb GB terms and conditions
The document below explains the Climb GB terms and conditions; detailing what you (the customer) can expect and what Climb GB (we) will provide.
- To book a course and confirm a date payment should be made at least 28 days before course start date.
Age of participants:
- We don't have a specific maximum or minimum age on any courses, however some courses are more suitable than others for people of differing ages and abilities. Please check with us if you are in any doubt about whether a course will be suitable.
- We do require a parent or legal guardian attends sessions with under 18 year olds - although the parent or guardian does not have to actively participate in the session.
- Climb GB will provide much of the specialist equipment for courses (e.g. helmets, ropes, maps), however you will be sent an equipment list showing what you will need to bring with you and what Climb GB will provide.
- You MUST bring with you the equipment shown on your equipment list, this will ensure that you can have a safe and enjoyable course.
- Outdoor activities can be affected by the weather, please ensure that you are appropriately equipped (you will be sent an equipment list prior to your course).
- Climb GB has many years of experience of providing outdoor activities and through this experience has developed the following procedure:
- Always turn up for your session; although weather forecasts are increasingly accurate, we often find that localised variations in the weather mean that courses can still be run despite a poor forecast.
- Climb GB has significant experience at the venues used, this means we can tailor a session around the weather on the day of your course, for example this may mean:
- On climbing or bouldering courses: we know where there will be dry rock or routes which are climbable in the rain or provide shelter.
- On navigation, hill walking or scrambling courses: using the latest forecasts we can tailor the route e.g. avoiding high winds by walking a route clockwise / anti-clockwise depending on the prevailing conditions (i.e. windy in the morning / afternoon).
- On winter courses: where the best snow will be and how to access it quickly.
- If the weather prevents the course aims from being achieved we will provide the following alternatives:
- A rescheduling of the course or a full refund of the course cost itself.
- Alternatively we may be able to begin the course and then ‘pause’ the session allowing you to resume the course at a later date, e.g. 3 hours in to a 6 hour climbing session meaning you could return at a later date to complete the rest of the session.
- These decisions will be made ensuring customers are kept fully informed.
If you cancel your course:
- 28 days or more before your course; you can request either a full refund (for the cost of the course itself) or to reschedule to an alternative date.
- Less than 28 days but more than 24 hours before your course; you can request to reschedule to an alternative date.
- Less than 24 hours before your course start time; your course cost cannot be refunded.
If Climb GB cancels your course:
- In the very unlikely event of Climb GB cancelling your course you will be offered to either reschedule your course or a full refund for the cost of the course itself. Please note we cannot be held responsible for any travel arrangements you have made and recommend you have appropriate travel insurance (see below).
Public liability insurance:
- Climb GB holds public liability insurance for the activities we are providing, please email if you would like to see a copy of this insurance document.
- This provides cover in the event of an accident where Climb GB is shown to be negligent (please see below for additional insurance).
Note: even if you don't decide to book a course with Climb GB it is always worth asking to see if the person you are booking with has appropriate insurance cover; so never feel afraid to ask - any professional instructor providing adventure activities should be more than happy to provide evidence of their liability insurance.
- We advise that you arrange your own personal travel insurance which covers you for the activities you are participating in.
- Climb GB cannot be held responsible for any damage to your personal property whilst attending a course, this includes but is not limited to:
- Vehicles, smartphones, clothing, jewellery.
- Please ensure you are appropriately insured (see above).