Introduction to winter walking and winter skills in the Lake District (2 day course)
Suitable for beginners looking to take their first steps out on to hills and mountains in winter conditions and learn the necessary skills required. A fantastic introduction to winter walking skills like route planning, navigation, weather, equipment, and avalanche awareness.
- You do not need any previous experience of winter hill walking, however some previous summer hill walking experience will ensure you get the most from your introduction to winter walking and winter skills (2 day course) in the Lake District.
- Day 1: meet at 08:30, 09:00 session start time and 16:00 finish time.
- Day 2: meet at 08:30, 09:00 session start time and 16:00 finish time.
- Thirlmere in the Lake District, North West England (6 miles from Keswick, 18 miles from Penrith and 25 miles from Kendal).
- And Borrowdale in the Lake District (9 miles from Keswick, 27 miles from Penrith and 38 miles from Kendal).
- The introduction to winter walking and winter skills in the Lake District (2 day) courses are provided throughout January, February, and March (assuming the availability of Climb GB) to ensure that conditions are suitable. Get in touch and let us know if you have a preferred date.