Advanced navigation (3 day course) in Northumberland
An excellent way to maximise your navigation skills with confidence. Covering a variety of advanced navigation techniques including pacing, timings, compass bearings, aspect of slope, navigation via contour features and many more advanced navigation tactics and techniques. This would also be suitable for anyone looking to do their summer mountain leader award because the navigation standard is at the same level as summer ML, i.e. it would be ideal preparation for either your training or assessment courses.
- Ideally you should have some navigation experience and sufficient fitness to be walking for a 6 hour day on 3 consecutive days; this will ensure you get the most from the advanced navigation (3 day) course in Northumberland.
- Day 1: meet at 08:30, 09:00 session start time and 15:00 finish time.
- Day 2: meet at 08:30, 09:00 session start time and 15:00 finish time.
- Day 3: meet at 08:30, 09:00 session start time and 15:00 finish time.
- The Cheviots in Northumberland, North East England (15 miles from Alnwick, 42 miles from Newcastle upon Tyne and 59 miles from Hexham).
- The advanced navigation (3 day) course in Northumberland can be run on any date suitable for yourself (assuming the availability of Climb GB). Just let us know if you have a specific date in mind when you get in touch.